Today I had a very good question posed to me by none other than the big boss...the general manager of CPI Monteverde.
"Meggie, cuanto tiempo va estar con nosotros?"
"Uh..."
This is a question I have mulled over many times. But as of now, I have come to no definite decision.
Honestly, if I do not return to working with groups, I will leave. The job with groups is what drew me back here, and what I really enjoy. If I am told that I will be staying in the office during the temporada alta, or high season, then no thank you. I want to be doing what I love, or find something else.
If I end up with groups, then I will stay through August until the season ends. Then...I have plan A and plan B.
Plan A:
Find a good paying job in Costa Rica that will enable me to continue making payments on my loans and live here, and stay. Ideally something in hospitality, customer service, or tourism. This is what I would like to do.
Plan B:
Return to the USA, find a job (or two), repay loans as quickly as possible, and return to Costa Rica indefinitely. This plan is much more realistic in terms of paying loans and reaching financial freedom more quickly, but endangers my likelihood of returning.
So...to clarify, things could go a couple ways. And all I can do is wait and see, because things here tend to happen very last minute...Groups for example, will tell me in the next week if I have a group or not. And so far I haven't gotten any clues, and there is the unspoken understanding that I am not supposed to ask.
All the same though, I would like to know ahead of time! That is the planner in me, squirming at not knowing more details.
Its been a great challenge working in this job, having to be FLEXIBLE! and to be able to roll with it, watch things unfold. That is part of why I decided to work on being more tranquila...I have to take a step back, to breathe, and to realize that some things are beyond my control.
Pura Vida....pura vida.
0 comments:
Post a Comment