Birthdays and Ice Cream Runs: The Final Day at CPI Monteverde

Today has been quite the time, and a lot of fun!
Digna celebrated her birthday among secret cards, gifts, phone calls, and lots of singing! I think she must have been serenaded at least twice, if not three times! Tonight there are plans to go out to dinner and afterwards to the Bar Amigos in Sta. Elena, where I plan to join the festivities. There ought to be dancing, and of course lots of laughter and stories. Speaking of stories, sushi last night was GREAT! Jennifer and I met with Digna and Royner, and proceeded to consume vast quantities of food and raw fish...in addition to a specialty dessert made by Jesus. The best part? It was free! We must have eaten at least 40,000 colones worth of food, and it ended up being a gift! Incredible! I was dumbfounded! It was sad saying goodbye, it was my despedida too. I hope to come back next summer and bring a little more business to the sushi place. Today we also ended up doing another ice cream run: I got my coffee milkshake, and drove down the street in Alejandro's car. Funny thing, I got lunch there earlier in the day! They know me there at Sabores.

Tonight I have dinner with my familia Tica, who I stayed with last year. Then I have to do laundry, and visit with everyone at the bar.
Some changes in the weekend plans too. In the morning I am taking a private transport to the airport in Alajuela, and from there I catch the bus to Heredia and La Dehesa, the hostel. From there I call Leigh and Fish, and see what the plans are for the rest of the afternoon, and I can visit Gerry and Maria in San Joaquin, walking distance from La Dehesa.
Sunday go to mass, drop my things off at Nidia's, then figure out again if I can hang out with Leigh or Fish. Then prepare to leave at 5am the next morning...and I don't want to leave. Right now I am feeling very sentimental!
This little place in the cloud forest, in this wide and beautiful country, has become like a second home. The last two months have been a huge learning experience, in terms of language and professionalism and responsibility. What an opportunity! What a country!

COSTA RICA = PURA VIDA


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes