Chao Pescado

Its a rainy Monday, and no tengo ganas de salir! But, I have to go to the store and get breakfast for the next couple days, namely my last 7 days here.

This weekend was jam packed! On Friday I hung out with Fish at Chancho's, and we had a lot of fun dancing and drinking a beer or two. It was the first night in a long while that I satyed out super late!
On Saturday I visited with Muni and Gerry, who were both in Monteverde this weekend. We watched some of "Snatch" and went to downtown Sta. Elena. Gerry bought his bus ticket back to Heredia, and we celebrated with a sushi farewell at the sushi place, where Jesus called Muni and me his favorite chaperonas! (I think it has something to do with how good of customers we are) In my time here in Monteverde I have eaten more sushi than I do in a year back home! Its bee delicious. We topped off our meal with fried ice cream, and then bid Gerry good-bye. It was the last time we will be together, before I leave to go back home! Lots of hugs all around, and then Gerry was smiling his crooked smile and pulling his shades down over his eyes, shouldering his backpack and walking out the door. So long, my Cuban Hobbit brother!
Muni and I walked back to Casas del Torro, and we went on a laundry spree. We both had to do laundry for this week, Muni because she is travelling and me because I am out of normal clothes, being liberated from wearing my CPI polo. We watched Triple X and Fish stopped by to say adios before heading back to San Jose. When the llaundry was done, Muni and I walked back down to Cerro Plano and got paninis at Sabores, then went to her house and she organized for her leave to Puntarenas. We ended up watching Transformers 2, but I left mid way through because I was so tired! I plan to watch it again when I get home anyway. I hugged Muni good-bye at the end of the night too; if we're lucky we might meet again before I fly back.
On Sunday I slept in big time, til 9am. Then I walked down to visit the Monteverde waterfall, which is definately worth visiting. I stayed for at least an hour, just enjoying it. No one else was there on a Sunday morning. Around noon I walked down to Dulce marzo and got cafe con leche and a scone, my favorites. Then I walked home and spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sun, listening to my iPod, and reading "Marley & Me." I got a new tan line, and I finished the book! It was very relaxing, and I was feeling very reflective.
I left at 6pm and walked down to Sta. Elena for evening mass, and it was unexpectedly an hour and a half long! It was Nuestra Senora de los Angeles, and afterwards got myself a HUGE hotdog at the corner stand on the way home. Dinner never tasted so good! The "yeye" was perfectly filling.
So my weekend finished up at my apartment, watching a tv movie, after saying goodbye to three of my close friends all in one weeknd...and so I am reminded of Jessica's tradiational saltue on her blog: chao, pescado.

Pura Vida :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes