Sushi Once More

All good things come to an end, and so it is with my summer here in Costa Rica. I have four more full days, and only one of those at CPI. Already I'm feeling sentimental about leaving behind so many people that I have grown close to here. Yesterday I officially hit the two-month mark of my stay, and now time is throwing me closer and closer to my departure date. These last two weeks have been a lot of fun, spending time in the office. The CPI Monteverde staff are such a great community, and its made my time here wonderful. I will especially miss Arelys and Jennifer, who I assist in the Groups Office.

Yesterday was a good day. I sent faxes, pasted reciepts, and treated everyone to ice cream from Sabores. A plus? Alejandro let me drive his car there and back to pick up all our orders. I can say that I have driven in Costa Rica, though I was a little out of practice with a manual. It was a highlight! Mocha Express was definately worth it!
In the evening I went to play futbol at La Cancha again, with a different group of students and mostly the same staff. Diego and Nico, Jonle's sons, were also there! Its funny how much thier antics remind me of my own brothers, especially Diego. Sitting next to him on the ride home I was constantly reminded of Peter! It was a fun night, though I still maintain that I am not cut out to play soccer at all. I am a swimmer through and through! I spent a quiet rest of the evening in Casa del Toro, stretching my legs and watching "The Illusionist" on HBO in Spanish. I always sleep better after running around on the soccer field, even if I am not the best player!

Plans for this weekend are set in motion: I will leave Saturday afternoon from Monteverde by public bus, arrive at the airport, and from there take another public bus to Heredia. I will stay one night in La Dehesa, a hostel affiliated with CPI. Since I have been working as a chaperona, I think I am getting a good price! I will then call my friend Leigh, a UD student who is studying in San Jose, and try to meet up with her for the evening. Sunday I will try to spend time visiting in the city, possibly with another friend, and that night I will stay with a Familia Tica in San Joaquin, where Maria is also staying. We will leave early in the morning for the airport, to catch our 8am flight home to the US of A. Outlining this now, it all seems very far away but it actually happens this weekend! In one more day! My sense of time is being stretched by my lack of desire to leave.

Later I will go to Sta. Elena and have my final sushi night with Jennifer and Digna, as a pre-birthday celebration for Digna! I also plan to buy my bus ticket for Saturday, and do a little souvenir shopping. Sad to say that I haven't bought very much in terms of gifts for those back home...I plan to remedy that this afternoon, before sushi!
Its raining here again, and the wind has picked up. Typical Monteverde weather, as you may have guessed by now...though I always appreciate sunshine, the lack of it has yet to affect me here. I'm too distracted by the natural beauty to be upset by the weather! This morning I took a picture on the road in front of CPI: there was a perfect, unobstructed view of the Nicoyan Gulf. It was breath-taking. How could anyone ever get tired of something like that?
I love, love, love it here.

Pura Vida : D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes