sun and signals

Today it has not rained.
AGH I feel like I just jinxed the weather, but I am so thrilled that today the sun was bright and beautiful over CPI and that I could leave my pathetic molding backpack on the lawn to dry. Overcast at 3pm, but now at 6:30pm we are still dry! Although the sky is not as clear as it was this morning...
This weekend I hope to do a deep cleaning of the house and sleep. I want to shake out all of the molding items in my closet and make sure my passport is safe. Plus we need to go shopping here for our little stock of food...we are running low on rice and beans.

Work has been going well. Right now there are so few students I hardly know what to do with myself...today a couple from Texas left after being here a whole month, and I am going to miss them! Yesterday we did a farewell dinner and they made an apple pie, which turned out great!
Speaking of pies, I am definitely missing fall back home. My favorite season, I love the transition of colors and the smells and tastes of the fall season. I will also miss making pies and celebrating Thanksgiving. Its strange to imagine not celebrating at all, but its a very American holiday. Maybe I will at least make apple pie and mashed potatoes for Grettel and myself.

Right now I am bumming internet off the restaurant next door, which is open today. Yesterday when I tried to go and call a cab in the rain, I was sad to discover that it was CLOSED! So I walked. Luckily today they are open for business, and conveniently do not have a password for internet.
Many places are closing earlier or closing completely for the month of October, low season here in Monteverde. There are still tourists and visitors to the community, but significantly fewer. So many places close for a time, and many people go on vacation.

I am getting desperate for a cell phone...after walking in the rain yesterday because I had no way to call for a taxi I felt pretty frustrated. There are some friends who can hopefully help me get a good deal on a cell phone here...the most expensive part is the phone, and I will simply have a pre-paid plan. Previously cell phones were not even an option for extranjeros...you had to be a resident to have a phone number here. Luckily that has changed in the last year. Now I just have to get a phone and get on board! Not having instant communication has been an adjustment. I am very thankful for Skype and e-mail.

That is all for now. Tonight I am meeting some friends downtown for sushi.
This weekend is off to a good start!

PURA VIDA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes