This week remains slow...but tomorrow is Friday, and payday! Sabores is open again, which means easy access to ice cream and internet. I am going to Heredia this weekend to visit my Familia Tica, and I have to confess that I am in love.
If things ever seem down or dull, I have to take a deep breath and remind myself that I am in a beautiful country and in the midst of an amazing life adventure...I am in Costa Rica! Today after leaving work I decided to sit on the rock out n front of CPI, across the street, and watch the sunset. It was an absolutely clear view to the Gulf of Nicoya and Puntarenas, and the sun behind the clouds was winking in colors of orange, pink, yellow, and light purples. The sunsets are one of my favorite things about being so high in the mountains. We have the best views. I'm told that December is the month to really enjoy sunsets, when the sun appears to go down into the water of the Gulf. Its hard to imagine something ever more beautiful than what I have seen up to now. I am looking forward to December.
Luckily tomorrow is payday. I have already begun a mental list of groceries and other things I have to purchase, which include minutes for my phone and gas for the stove. We also have plenty of soups left on the shelves, but no sugar, salsa Lizano, meat, frijoles molidos or tortillas. In my mind we are just fine until we run out of rice and beans, but our menu has become very limited with the gas running out this evening (ironically we were making beans at the time!). The cost of living here is not high, but the little things add up. I will not be going out to eat for a while, that is for sure. A pity too, I miss sushi.
Sabores, the ice cream parlor up the street is open again. They were closed the whole month of October mas o menos, since it is usually such a slow month. Grettel and I are thrilled that they are open again...we have missed chocobananos and the wifi there. I ate ice cream this afternoon, naturally.
This weekend I plan to go to Heredia and visit with my Familia Tica there. I had planned to go last weekend but ended up travelling elsewhere. I haven't been back to see them since September, and a visit is way overdue. I am glad to have a cell phone, I have been in touch with my Mama and Papa Tico weekly since getting the cell. Going to see them feels very much like going home, and we always have great conversations. They are in every sense my surrogate parents here in Costa Rica.
I also want to share that I have been dating someone for the last four months...his name is Elliott, and we are completely smitten and perfectly comfortable with each other. Yes, I am not afraid to use the "L" word to describe what we have. Love, in the most unusual and wonderful of places.
Pura Vida!
0 comments:
Post a Comment