scorpions and earthquakes OH MY

Last night Grettel and I were watching a movie when we suddenly felt like we were on a waterbed. "Meggie, un temblor!" Grettel jumped up and opened all the doors...we stood in the front door and felt a few smaller pulses. But earthquakes are harder to recognize when you are standing... sitting or lying down you recognize the movement. Opening the doors, Grettel later explained, is essential. If during the quake the house shifts the door might get stuck in the frame. The conecpt of standing in a doorframe immediately came to mind, and opening doors makes sense. We then made several phone calls and found that everyone was all right. But that was one of the strongest earthquakes I have experienced. Other than that it was an uneventful evening, and I am totally out of movies to watch. Lastima.

This morning I found a scorpion in my room. The walls of the house are overlapping pieces of wood, and in the corner I noticed a leg. Upon closer inspection I found a scorpion...small, black and POISONOUS. Grettel killed it with her flip flop...Where are the rest, we are wondering...oh dear.

So far its another breezy Saturday here in Monteverde. At last p oint I heard a few raindrops faling, but the sun is out again today gracias a Dios. I am on my way out to hike with a friend from Holland...later!

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes