welcome back october

Monday. The hardest day of my week...and not just beacuse I get a case of the Mondays every Monday. Today I met new and transfer students and did orientation, am working on a project that is slow going because I need more information and my resources are people who are busier than me, and its started to look more like a proper October in Monteverde...rainy. Good thing my raincoat is with me.

I have to talk about my wonderful weekend, which keeps making me smile.

A close friend of mine from UD is also here in Costa Rica for a year as part of a volunteer program. This past weekend she had a three day weekend (no work today, Monday). So she and some of her friends came up to Monteverde for a weekend trip, and to visit me! I was a guide and resource for them all weekend long, this being "my town." We ate dinner together Saturday night and then hung out until late, dancing and talking and laughing. On Sunday we went on a canopy tour (EXTREMO, my favorite and highly recommended for its being truly IN the canopy!) and then had a relaxing afternoon strolling around town and chatting, then dinner at my cabina and lots more laughter. It was great to see my friend again, and to get to know some relly cool new people. I also feel a glow of pride at being knowlegeable about the area and being able to help them with all thier questions, recommending restaurants and activities. Hopefully I will be able to make a trip to Moravia and the San Jose area to visit, maybe sometime in November. Having such good company really made my weekend!! It was a lot of fun, and I am so blessed to have friends here.

So even with the wet weather, I am warmed by the great memories I made this weekend. Thanks Brittany for visiting ; )

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes