Hola muy buenos dias...
I am here in SJO waiting to board my flight to Houston. From Houston I go on to Dayton...my bag will be sent to my final destination, and I have very little with me. Just my backpack, an extra cardi, my cell phone (which won't work in the USA), and my compu. My flight leaves in another 55 minutes.
I walked around in the duty free store, and oh my how I love the smell...I kept from going nuts with all the sample perfumes and only tried one...D&G le'eau The One. YUM!! I actually didn't pack any perfumes with me leaving for two weeks, since I have two at home. (That is something cultural i have become very accustomed to: wearing perfume 24/7. Putting it on in the morning has become part of my routine.)
The smell of a nearby Cinnabon is driving me crazy!! But I don't want to spend money on something that I can get in the USA. Better to save that cash for little moments with friends in the USA...hitting a Starbucks tomorrow afternoon at 12pm, for example.
I like airports a lot though. They are so interesting: the people, the environment, movement, colors. You see all types in here, and its FACINATING. Some lady at the gate looked at me weird when I was speaking in Spanish with mom on the phone...It makes me wonder what do I look like? Tica? extranjera? where would someone guess I am from? Once I had someone mistake me for French. Airports are the best for people watching.
The last couple days have been whirlwind.
Saturday was the CPI Christmas party, and what day! I showed up at 10am to help with some prep, and people started arriving around 11am. Some staff from CPI Heredia came, and so did Carolina y Cali, who run CPI Flamingo. Romy Morales y Don Alfredo were there too...the founder and her husband. Romy even went to the bar with some of the younger crowd after the party was over.
We played lots of games and ate lots of food. I did a dance presentation with two co-workers, and while we could have used more practice we had a blast and everyone told us it looked good! At the very end of the night we opened gifts after a month of Secret Santa...my amigo had NO IDEA I was the gifter, and I had NO IDEA who my amigo was!! It was so much fun. Sunday I stopped in Esparza to visit Elliott with Muni, and yesterday I spent the whole day with Muni hanging out...we hung out at home with our Mama Tica, I went to the bank and paid my exit tax, then we went to the mall. I bought a watch...it was kind of cheap, but its plastic and perfect for Groups. Then I slept...and woke up at 4:30am. The bus ride to the airport was barely 10 minutes...my Hermano Tico let me out at 5am this morning. WOW! I am tired still...I have my little pillow for sleeping on the plane. I think I will be fine.
SJO-IAH-DAY. Almost home.
Pura Vida.
0 comments:
Post a Comment