The last couple days have been so stunningly beautiful that I am starting to wonder if Monteverde was just a dream! So far every morning I have woken up with sun, few clouds, and a clear view of Poas Volcano in the ring of mountains around me here in the Central Valley. The weather has really got to me! in more ways than one...I am now pretty sunburnt on my face, neck, and arms. Being outdoors for 3 hours during the last two days has left me looking red! I am not too bothered though, and figure I should enjoy the sun while I can! In Monteverde I will not have an opportunity like this to catch rays. But the bad part is the tan lines I have now, haha. It feels like summer.
My group is on tour this morning, so I will see them in the afternoon when they come to classes. This weekend they will be going to Manuel Antonio National Park (ah! lucky!). I wish I was going but I'm not...I will have some free time and I am not sure what to do with myself. Possibly go to the beach?? Take advantage of the ease of travel here in Heredia, in comparison to Monteverde.
This two weeks I am staying with a family here in San Joaquin. I have really grown to love my new Mama Tica and my sibs. We have good conversations, play lost of UNO, and watch lots of Disney channel movies. (I miss having a tv!) Part of this job that I love: meeting new people.
Pura Vida!
0 comments:
Post a Comment