Its Friday already!!!!
This week has flown by on the Monteverde breeze...we have been very lucky with good weather this whole week, and I hope it continues tomorrow and all next week!
Today my group finished their volunteer project here in MOnteverde, setting up a septic tank and drainage for a poor family in La Cruz. On Wednesday the students dug a ditch next to the house where the bathroom will eventually be, and today filled it with the tank and tubes for draining.
Yesterday was pretty crazy! I was in the office all day, cleaning up the mess of the last two weeks when I wasn't here, and doing as much as I could to prep for this weekend and the coming week. It was also the monthly celebration of CPI--2011 is the school's 20th anniversary year, and every month each campus will offer a special activity. Last night it was a bar-b-q and dancing, and from there transportation to town if students wanted to go! It was cool to have so many people dancing, and of course the food was great. I even had a cup of wine! Total I was at school something like 13+ hours..and no, they don't pay overtime here.
Today my group finishes class, so I have a short presentation ready for them, and then I head home to pack for 2 days.
Tomorrow I will be with them on a Trapiche tour, and from there head down to the Central Valley (Heredia) to hand them off to a guide for the rest of their trip. They will be going to the Caribe, and I will be back in the office in Monteverde. Sunday I will be helping to drop off another group at the airport, since Muni (the chaperona) has to pick UP an incoming group the same day! Afterwards I come back up the mountain, and have to get ready for Monday. At the moment I am not sure how I am getting back up the mountain...if I will be going by public bus or have transportation available.
My mantra right now is "flexible, flexible..." things with groups are so last minute sometimes, you have to be ready for anything. And I like it.
Its been tough going between the office and groups, but in the interim while there are no groups I am glad to still be working. Looking forward to what the temporada will bring! Right now it looks like I will tentatively have a group again in February. Things really start to pick up in April, and then even more in May. And time flies...its wings are wide.
Pura Vida!
0 comments:
Post a Comment