Well there is no place like home...Yesterday I took the bus up to Monteverde, three hours! I forgot how bumpy the road was. Apparently the last couple weeks have been very wet and rainy here, but I arrived to sun yesterday and walked all the way up the hill to my cabina, since the weather was so nice. Today too the sun is out! I hope it stays this nice, my group was complaining about having to leave the sunny weather in Heredia, and was hoping to make it out to Flamingo instead. Today we have a walk-about in Santa Elena, then cooking class, then they are all in class 2-5pm.
This weekend was a lot of fun! Saturday I visited Curu National Park and Wildlife Refuge, which is on the Nicoya Peninsula. That makes 5 National Parks I have visited here: Poas, Arenal, Rincon de la Vieja, Manuel Antonio and Curu. I stayed at the beach the whole time, getting as much sun as possible. There were a lot of pelicans, and there was even a crocodile out on the beach! Apparently they are known to come around, so its not recommended to swim, especially tourists. But it was a really beautiful beach, and I even caught a few winks under some trees by the shore. To get to Curu you have to take the ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera, and from Paquera the bus for about 25- 30 minutes to reach the entrance. The park is really just a HUGE piece of property, a farm or "potrero," that the owners decided to make a National Park and Reserve. There are lots of monkeys, deer and birds. Elliott pointed out a boa constrictor too...! wow. In the afternoon we caught the 1pm ferry back to Puntarenas, and from there went to Esparza.
I loved being on the ferry! The only other time I have been on one was in NYC last year before New Years, its a really cool experience!! I love love LOVE the sea. I'm so glad that I am not one of those people who suffer from motion sickness in the car or on a boat. Travel would be much less enjoyable.
Time flies...thsi is my last week with Grupos until February, when more groups come! Back to the office next week...Though I did buy a really cute pair of wedges to wear in the office, they were on sale in Heredia for $10. That means I now own 2 pairs of heels...better practice that walk, haha!
Pura Vida :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment