Another week has flown by, and here I am updating my blog.
I do have some exciting news: there is a possibility that my friend Sarah North will be visiting me here in two weeks! Perusing the ever-present Facebook, I commented on her "I need a vacation" status that she should come visit me...and she is looking into it! The tentative dates would be ideal, as they would coincide with my required trip to Nicaragua...my tourist "visa" expires March 27th, and I have to leave for a cool 72 hours. That's right folks, I am illegal...and it kinda sucks being reminded of it. On the other hand I am thrilled with the chance to travel, the excuse to take a vacation. Having Sarah's company would really make the trip a lot more fun and a lot more special. We will see how it all works out. My fingers are crossed, hoping for the best!
Some news about my daily life...
I am now teaching an English class (unofficially, since I have only one student)on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. My student is Griselda, who works as part of the cleaning staff here at the school. She is 21, a Nicaraguan immigrant (but she came here as a baby, so she is really more Tica than Nica) and asked me to help her with her English...so I reluctantly agreed. Teaching Engslish is not something I enjoy very much, and I know that my teaching skills are lacking...I have trouble explaining the grammatical side of the English language. Despite being fluent I would not be able to explain parts of speech very well. All the same, I know she appreciates it a lot. Still not sure if I should charge her or not.
I am thinking about cutting my hair, quite short. It will be much easier to handle during the temporada. Not sure of when to do it, or where to go...I have gotten a couple suggestions though.
Looks like this weekend I will be visiting a friend in Miramar, close to Puntarenas. I might possibly be taking another friend with me, and possibly see Elliott. Flexible, flexible...the keyword for my weekend plans.
Update next week I guess...keep reading, I will try to post pictures!!!
Pura vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment