Hola!
This week has been so quick.
On Sunday Sarah arrived with no problems to Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela... I was bouncing on my heels waiting for her, watching the clock and eyeballing the tags on the luggage rolling past me at the arrivals gate. And there she was! With a little rolling carry-on, backpack, and a Red-Scare t-shirt. SARAH NORTH! We hugged and then jetted to the bus-stop 3 minutes away and waited for the bus to Monteverde.
We arrived safely in Monteverde around 7pm and ate...went to the grocery...and cabbed back home! Tiring.
Tomorrow we are leaving in the early morning for Nicaragua...like 4am from Monteverde, catching Trans Nica bus to the border, and from there heading up to Granada. Our rough plan is to relax Thursday, explore Friday, and if Elliott is available on Saturday we will do a little more exploring! WE have a lits of hotels, restaurants, and lots of advice on where to eat and go, what to try, and what bus I should catch to make it back to Monteverde.
Yesterday we had pizza in a local pizza joint and the waiter gave us a 20% discount, I think it might have to do with the fact that he recognized me! I see so many people around that I recognize but don't know.
Right now we are going to head back to Sabores, eat an ice-cream sundae, head home and pack.
Wish us luck on our adventure tomorrow...Nicaragua here we come!!! Watch out for the Dynamic Duo : )
Compliments of my week: yesterday my student asked me where I was from and was quite surprised that I was from good old Ohio. Also, a local woman today was surprised to find that I was from the US. She thought I was Tica!
0 comments:
Post a Comment