visits, plans, and NICARAGUA

Hola!

It seems that Thursday is becoming my day to update...on Tuesdays I also bring my computer to school, but never seem to find a moment to stop and post on my blog. So Thursdays you can look for a new post.

What has been happening lately?? Ticos along the Pacific coast had a scare in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami that affected Japan...living in Monteverde I have nothing to worry about, and I haven't heard a thing about any areas being negatively affected. I actually went to the beach last weekend with friends, and there wasn't the faintest concern about being swallowed by the sea. All well here!

BIG NEWS! On Sunday my friend Sarah North will be arriving in Costa Rica to visit with me for a week...about two weeks ago she mentioned on Facebook that she was wanting to travel somewhere, and I reminded her that I am down here in Costa Rica...within two days she was asking me about plane tickets, bus schedules, the weather, and what my plans are. Another few days and she had bought her ticket to come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, her visit coincides perfectly with my trip to Nicaragua next week, so I will have some company. Originally I was hoping that Elliott would be able to come with, but his work schedule was uncertain...right now it looks like he might be able to meet us there in Nicaragua, which would be nice! He has traveled there before. Right now I have 3 nights reserved for Sarah and me at a hostel in Granada, which several friends from CPI recommended. I am not sure how much travelling we actually want to do yet. I was thinking of this trip as more of a kick back and enjoy the location kind of thing, and not run-around-like-a-tourist-with-head-in-guidebook type of experience. I think we will consult with Elliott about one other location that is a must-see, and just go there. I don't want to return to work on Monday being worn out! Being refreshed is the goal...although travel always takes a little something out of you.
This next week we will be investigating other cities of interest in Nicaragua, as well as making bus reservations. I will be playing hostess all week, and am already deciding which places are essential to knowing the real Monteverde...

Above all I am looking forward to having Sarah here!! Only two more full days...

PURA VIDA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes