Delicados.

So far so good with my group. Deciding what to do with free time tomorrow and Friday has been a bit of a challenge for the...since they only have one week, they cannot do everything at once. Tomorrow we will be going on a canopy tour, with a new company (at least, one I am not familiar with). Not sure how we will get there! We will see tomorrow....
Today the group went to La Carpio and did service work, building floors, painting a mural and helping in the kinder garden classroom. Everyone was totally exhausted at the end of the day, and the sun was HOT. Once again, I have to say how much I love going to visit this community. It is always a humbling and deeply moving experience...it brings me back down to earth, back to the reality of the life I live, how blessed I am, and how much I have. Every time I go back, I am struck. I love La Carpio and it's people.

This group is turning out to be  a little delicado (delicate). There are some students who for personal reasons cannot be in class together, and today we had one girl switch families because she thought there was an argument in her homestay (which turned out to be just an animated discussion) and the professor has mysteriously mentioned some sort of group trauma that the school suffered, and insisted it is better to have her switch to a different family for that reason (and to cover his own butt). Who knew med students would have so much drama?? It is like Grey's Anatomy in Costa Rica...or something like that. On the whole I am satisfied with this as my last group..they are all older, all serious students. I appreciate that. They work hard too, in Spanish class and also at the service site.

Tonight I am going to sleep early...for sure.

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes