Almost Two Weeks In!


Its been almost two weeks since I arrived here in Costa Rica!
This blog will make it easier to keep up with me while I'm so far away.

Right now I am in Monteverde, at the CPI campus in the Groups office. This afternoon I confirmed activities for my group from SPI, and uploaded pictures of thier activities! Earlier we had lots of sun and we had a great time playing Ultimate Frisbee. I definately need to shower!
Today I also encountered my chaperona from last year, walking in Cerro Plano! It was wonderful to see her, and I hope that we can spend some time together while I am here.

A little bit about where I am now...Monteverde is located in the mountains. Often times the internet here is affected by the weather, so my wifi connection isn't great. The immediate area around CPI includes Cerro Plano and Santa Elena. Right now I am living in CPI apartments about 5 minutes from school, in Cerro Plano. It rains every day, and having an umbrella or raincoat is crucial! I always carry one in my backpack : ) Sta. Elena is more of the downtown area, and there are more shops and restaurants there. Some of my favorites include: Mar y Tierra, Bar Amigos, Dulce Marzo, and Stella's.
Of all the CPI campuses, my favorite is Monteverde. The climate here may be wetter, but its beautiful and nature really is the center of everything, from business(ecotourism) to fun activities (canopy and white water rafting).

I am so fortunate to be here right now, and I am loving every minute of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes