Earlier this morning my group headed to Tamarindo beach for surf lessons. A little bit about Tamarindo: its nickname is TamaGRINGO. (What does that tell you??) This beach has become very commercialized, and is a popular tourist destination. Walking up and down the streets you see many hotels, restaurants like Pizza Hut and Subway, and identical souvenir shops next to each other. Most of the other businesses there center around surf culture, offering classes, surf boards for rent, or an array of name-brand shops selling bikini or beach-related clothing. If it weren't for all the dogs and the number of Ticos, I would imagine myself to be in California somewhere. In any case, my group throughly enjoyed thier surf lesson while I looked on and took some great pictures! They were exhausted by the end of two hours, and we had a good lunch at El Charrito. Ronny (the chofer) and I drove around for a bit to find it. Its literally buried between buildings, just a minute walk away from the surf company.
The kids are currently in class, and I have to make calls to confirm lunch tomorrow. We will be heading to Santa Cruz and Gauitil, for a day of true cultural immersion. I am looking forward to it!
Tonight I get grown-up time with some of the other chaperones and older students: Las Brisas. Need I say more ?
: )
0 comments:
Post a Comment