Fig Tree Dreams

The mountains are behind me now. I have arrived in Flamingo Beach.

Yesterday I did all my laundry, and I sorely needed it. I also spent time with some CPI students living in Monteverde that I met for dinner two nights ago. We walked together in the morning on a little hike to see a truly singular sight: a fig tree and a strangling tree entwined together that had formed a natural ladder all the way up to the canpoy. We climbed all the way to the top and sat for a while, admiring the vew and talking. It was like sitting in a tree house, and the tree was covered with names and dates carved into it from previous visitors. From what I understand, its a little known sight in Monteverde, so obscure that even some of the locals don't know of it. It was really amazing to see such an incredible work of art, of nature. It seemed like God took his little finger and spiraled together the two trees: I will post pictures later.
Afterwards we ate lunch at La Selvatida, a little restaurant just outside downtown Santa Elena. It began raining and we took a cab back and did more laundry after clibing the tree and hiking. It was really nice to hang out, and have girl time with them. Without the other chaperones or roomies, its been a little lonely.
For dinner I met up with a friend and we ate sushi in Santa Elena: it was great, since not many people will get sushi with me back home. Then we visited Choncho's Bar, and by 11:30 I was home and getting ready for bed.

My group should be arriving here at Guanacaste Lodge in the next two hours. Weather here: currently rain, thunderstorms, and a chance of rain tonight. My umbrella is on its last legs: somehow its been bent out of shape! Additionally, I found out that my raincoat isn't actually a raincoat. Its more of a windbreaker. I should have made more of a solid investment in actual raingear: the cost would have been worth it, using it daily for two whole months. I'll pick up an umbrella when I get a chance.
For now, I am content to be here with my roomie, another group chapeone, enjoying the quiet before the start of another packed week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes