A Zoo on a Zipline


The rain began about an hour and a half ago, pretty late in the day for Monteverde. This meant that the morning was bright and humid, though, which worked out well. Because today my grupo went ziplining at Extremo Canopy!
We arrived and got harnessed, with helmet, gloves, and multiple caribeaners. The group was very excited, and we had a lot of fun, especially once some of the more nervous kids loosened up! The rainforest was filled with hoots and yells and screams as we sped through the canopy! Having done this activity last summer, I was prepared and excited to do it again, and the kids followed me one the first line and all through the tour! Everyone did the Tarzan swing, while I took pictures.
Lunch was at Stella's bakery, and afterward we visited the Co-op across the street. I bought a few postacrds that I plan to send soon.
Last night was a lot of fun too. I visited Santa Elena with some friends/co-workers and danced salsa, and took a taxi home. It was great to spend time with everyone, and I loved salsa dancing!!
Tonight I plan to have a nice dinner, and do some laundry.

Tomorrow morning I send my group away to Arenal, and have a day off.
It looks like next week will be heating up...literally and figuratively. I will be in Flamingo Beach with my group, and CPI will be full of students! Other chaperones and I will have our hands full with acitvities and balancing schedules, but I am looking forward to it. This is what I signed up for, after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes