Day one: make certificates for my group, organize treasure hunt, figure out names of my kids, flight info, figure out schedule, get Grupos shirt, wait for Muni.
The weather here is beautiful right now! We are in "verano bonito," where there has been little rain, lots of sun and breezes. I slept very well last night at Mayi's, where there is a couple also staying and studying at the school. Funny thing though, there is a rooster in the neighborhood who didn't get the memo that roosters are only supposed to crow at dawn. He was busy at 3am, haha!I loved my coffee this morning: the real stuff, not Folgers or Maxwell House or Starbucks, but REAL cafe con leche, fresh mango and pineapple. YUM! Gotta love the food here :)
"Pura Vida" is on everyone's lips...I think I had sort of forgotten how common a phrase it is here! But to effectively sum up this country, and its people: pura vida.
Later today Muni, who also works in Grupos, should be arriving. It will be good to see her again and to jump into preparations for our grupos, many of which arrive tomorrow! Hitting the ground running...and I am ready to rock and roll.
0 comments:
Post a Comment