all about the details.

One word to describe the last 24 hours: FLEXIBLE.
Friday the whole of Grupos descended on the Heredia offices, and began prep to pick up groups that afternoon and the next day. We have several chaperones, many of which are coming later on in the summer. I met Sonia and Dev, who are both new, and gave Muni, Arelys, and Jonle(my boss) hugs.
That afternoon, I left with a CPI transport to Monteverde, instead of taking the public bus. I rode with three women from the Admissions office of Heredia: they are visiting Monteverde and Flamingo. I spent the night in Casas del Toro, and met with my chofer at CPI the next morning: quick breakfast of gallo pinto, greetings to some of the personnel, and we were off!
With Ronny, the chofer, we stopped to was the minibus in Liberia, and then headed to the airport to await my group, International School of Indiana. They arrived right on time, and I spotted them right away: a group of 21 ten and eleven-year-olds all wearing bright orange shirts. They have three chaperones with them, who I am still getting to know. They all seem really nice! The kids are energetic but very well-behaved, at least from what I've observed. We arrived at the hotel, Cabinas Isolina, settled in and hit the pool. Dinner was at 7pm, and then we picked up waterbottles for everyone. Today we are going on a riverboat tour, at the Tempisque river.

Some things about the beach: its HOT!!! People always imagine the beach being nice and breezy, but boy is it humid.
Necessary items here include:
-waterbottle
-sunscreen (30 or higher SPF)
-sunglasses
-bugspray

check, check, check...um, no I don't have bugspray. Pretty sure thats ok though, for some reason the bugs never find me very appetizing.
Well, gotta make myself available for breakfast, and get some tp for my hotel room, there is none!! uh oh.

chao: )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes