Officially two full weeks here in Costa Rica...day 14.
Its afternoon at CPI Monteverde, and I am in the office picking a song for the slideshow of my group, Rollins College. This is their last day here at CPI; this weekend they go to the Arenal Volcano with a guide, and I am staying here. This weekend will be a much needed rest. While my group has been wonderful, their chaperone is a very active woman! Her curiosity and hyper-engaged personality has worn me down.
I know of a band playing in Bar Amigos, and I plan to sleep in tomorrow! Sonia, the other chaperone, is also free so we will both be doing laundry and relaxing.I rented a movie on iTunes to watch at some point.
This next week I will be here in Monteverde, helping prepare for incoming groups, including the University of Dayton group! I have some friends who are doing the program, and I am very much looking forward to seeing them this next week. Muni is also returning with this group, and it will be good to have her company again.
Earlier today my group went to volunteer at the Coffee Co-op of San Luis: we weeded a bed of baby coffee plants and helped prepare a trail for future coffee tours. There is still dirt under my fingernails...I am glad we had sun, since the last few days it has been pretty dismal and gray.
I have come to realize that I am not one of those people particularly affected by the weather: I am too distracted by the natural beauty here to be saddened by the elusive sun! Waking up and seeing the gulf in the morning, feeling the breeze on my bare arms and breathing in a cloud is absolute heaven! I much prefer this environment to the heat of the beach, and rain to the sand. Love the cloud forest! I will try to post more pictures...check my Facebook if you can, I just updated my photo album.
Pura Vida : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment