wrapping up

Its been a full 7 days since I arrived here in Costa Rica. How time has flown by!
Its the last full day I have with my group of 21 kids from the International School of Indiana. Tomorrow they go to Liberia Airport and head home to Indianapolis( thinking of Ali D).

The last two days have been pretty interesting. We visited the typical town of Santa Cruz(National Folkloric City of Costa Rica)and Guaitil,where making pottery in traditional Chorrotega style is an important part of the community. The kids picked up a lot of cool souvenirs at Guaitil: no "made in China" stickers can be found there.
Yesterday we visited a primary school in Playa Brasilito, 10 minutes away. the kids interacted with Ticos their own age and played games and interviewed each other. Everyone was a little timid at first, but I think by the end that everyone made friends. Later on in the evening we had a minor crisis: some kids had things "missing" from their rooms. This resulted in a very uncomfortable and long exchange with the hotel staff: in the end it was a matter of the kids being unorganized and not taking responsibility for their things. All the same I felt AWFUL, having to act as a go between while we re-checked rooms. It was an experience I hope I never have to repeat. After dinner though we all ate gelato at the gelateria across from our restaurant, and a little bit of chocolate and amaretto calmed my nerves.
Today we are doing a canopy tour! After our lunch of pizza here at CPI...I hope everything goes well, and that the kids have fun. I think the chaperones are a little apprehensive, but canopy is always a lot of fun and safety is always a top priority.

CANOPY: ziplining in the canopy of the forest between platforms attached to trees. Harness, helmet, and safety gloves required!

Tomorrow I am not sure yet what I'm going to do: after dropping the kids off I might have to catch a bus going to Monteverde, or I might be riding with Ronny to Heredia and going from there to Monteverde, which would be ideal...I left my rain gear and some more of my shoes in Heredia with Mayi, since I was going to the beach. A swim suit won't do me much good in the mountains, haha.
The next week is sure to bring adventures!

Hasta pronto: )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes