what's in an ad?

If you check out several online classifieds websites, you will find a listing for CPI to study and travel in Costa Rica. The last two days I have been posting and updating adverts for the school on a variety of websites like buyselleverything.com, perfectdone.com, ad-mart.com and usahotads.com. This is one of those deatils that does not fall under the job descrition...I do appreciate my growing knowlege of how to find free online advertising.
I have also discovered craigslist for the first time, and wow is it cool. I think it might be a good jumping off point for job hunting when I come home. Speaking of job hunting, I need to update my CV (curriculum vitae)to include what I am doing now.
My goal during my time here is really to see and learn as much as I can in the way of experience, which I hope will serve me well when job-hunting back in old Ohio.
In reflection of my college years, I learned a lot but lacked direction. Spanish may be a major, but how to translate it into a career...I am greatful for websites like Hire a Flyer and connections. Because let's face it, connections are very important in finding a job! All this online posting and advertising is making me think of how best to advertise myself...

This Tuesday is flying by. It is almost 11am and cloudy, which means the rain will be coming early today. I just booked a canopy tour for two students, and there is no doubt they will be rained on...canopy is still fun inthe rain, but much less dry haha. Of course I have my raincoat and am wearing my new crocs, which in addition to being cute are also all-weather! Really I am a Boy Scout at heart, "always be prepared" could be my personal motto.

On a side note I am totally broke right now, awaiting two refunds for plane tickets. One from Mexicana, and another from Spirit. I ended up having to buy an exit ticket to enter Costa Rica, just as I feared. What a hit...right now I have about 1000 colones which will get me a taxi ride downtown or maybe a coffee. Right now I am very thankful for Grettel, who paid for groceries yesterday. At least the cost of living here isn't too high, and I am not spending on much besides rent and food, which on my current salary will allow me to begin paying loans back. Just lately its mind-blowing how much money I have poured into travel...plane tickets are expensive!!!! I am getting worried for the holidays... we will see.

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes