A short vocab lesson of common words in Tico Spanish and thier meanings:
aguacero-rainstorm, lots of rain.
buena nota- a good thing, cool or fun.
chaleco- jacket, cap, hood.
cubierto- knife, in reference to tableware vs. cooking utensils.
dele- go or give it! used in refence to moving vehicles or driving.
dichosa- jealous, how lucky.
faja- belt.
hale- push or go!
¿mama de quien?- what did you say or what was that?
ni papa- nothing, or not a thing.
que dicha- how awesome, great, wonderful, glad to hear it.
un rojo- one thousand colones, the red bill.
vacilon- funny, a joke, hilarious.
It is currently raining and I leave work in five minutes...time to head home and drink some agua dulce and work out.
Today Grettel found out her grandfather passed away, so I am not sure if she will be coming home later or not.
I still plan to post some house pictures, keep an eye out...
pura vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment