If there is a ranking for compliments, one of the highest in my book is being mistaken for Tica.
Yesterday I assisted my boss in welcoming a new group of students to CPI. They will be studying at the Biological Research Station here in Monteverde, and will be taking Spanish classes in the afternoon. During the orientation I had some students ask me if I spoke English...and truly, being mistaken for Tica always gives me a little thrill, because it means that I am doing ok with my language skills! At least it means I am getting pronunciation right, haha.
Slowly but surely I am learning how to cook more. To clraify, I am not a bad cook or anything, but I am a little out of my element cooking with so many different materials: achote, culantro, palatno maduro, chile y salsa lizano. I am very lucky to have Grettel as a house-mate; I 'm learning something new every day. She has already made tortillas twice...next time it will be my turn.
Work has been going well, I am getting the hang of the little office details that make the difference between doing the job and doing it well...I am gettingthe hang of more phone lingo, having to answer the phone more. Helping with other office duties falls under the job description..and is a learning opportunity (oh if Dad could hear me now...he would eat this up haha).
My plans for this weekend include sleeping and doing laundry...I have a lot of dirty clothes, not having done laundry since moving in 3(3?? already?) weeks ago. This afternoon I might head down to the cafe nearby for a coffee and use the internet for a while, post some more pictures on Facebook and here on the old blog...
Pura Vidaaaaaaa!
0 comments:
Post a Comment