In the last 72 hours I have flown something like 4,000 miles, had a mini breakdown, got dressed up, had Starbucks, and saw all of my best friends and my parents.
I went to Chicago for 3 days for a wedding: my two best friends from college got married on Saturday, September 4th 2010. I was the Maid of Honor in the wedding, and I have never felt more honored to take part of anything in my entire life. The ceremony was truly moving, and seeing all my friends from home really broke me up. Leaving to come back was really hard...I was pretty much dead on my feet in the airport, focusing on not letting myself be too overwhelmed.
I got to see my parents also, and it was really great to catch up with them. I was worried I would get really emotional, but I held it together pretty well the whole weekend. I had a chance to fully explain what I am doing now in my job, and what my life and workday is like. I think there was definitely some curiosity about that. Part of being in this job is being flexible too, which groups prepared me for!!
I arrived home around 7pm last night, after about 12 hours of travel. I took two flights from O'Hare to Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose, and from there a taxi to the bus station in San Jose to arrive via public bus to Monteverde. I went to sleep around 9pm, and was still exhausted!! it might have had something to do with excessive dancing, alcohol consumption, and 2 hours of sleep the night before. Tonight I hope to sleep more.
I am home, broke, and happy as can be.
PURA VIDA
0 comments:
Post a Comment