looney lunes

Wow, I am still trying to catch up on sleep. This weekend has been a real whirlwind!

Summary:
Friday-snorkel cruise with 27 people. It was hit! Everyone loved it, and we saw a sea turtle! That night we had a farewell dinner: the dinner was good, but there was no kareoke, which was a problem. I visited two days previous, and thus did not call to confirm the dinner. Mad dash to get something organized: we end up at a bar nearby the homestays and everyone gets two free drinks. I take 5 of the students with ME to Tamarindo, where we salsa away at Monkey Bar! Arrive home and only sleep for about two hours, I feel so anxious.

Saturday-begin packing around 5am. Listen to music, collect things from the shower. Call chofer at 7am, confirm pick-up. Try to call hostel to confirm reservation, no answer. Eat breakfast (I LOVE FRESH PINEAPPLE!) and spend a little quality time with my Mama Tica before leaving to pick up my kids. Leave around 10am for the Central Valley. Lunch stop goes smooth. Arrive on time to San Joaquin, check into hostel. I go to CPI and prep to pickup my new group. Go to the airport with two other chaps, get group together and go to the SAME hostel!!

Sunday-Go nuts with two groups needing me!!! Go to bed at 12am,wake up at 3:30am to drop group off at airport. Drop off (no tears) and leave at 4:30am. Sleep in hostel 5-7am, wake up and get new group ready for walking tour of town and orientation to school. Make it to my new homestay around 5:30pm, relax, eat dinner, fall asleep planning for today, in bed by 10pm. (some 4th July! no fireworks. Best to Leah, my cousin who was married yesterday!)

Today-tour of Heredia, capital if the province of Heredia. Go to open market, check out cool fruit stands, main plaza, and eat typical lunch. (all by BUS!) Students in class, leaving in 15 to walk them back to their meeting point. Hope to go check out the mall today!!! I know some girls in my group want to go shopping.

Yes, that was nuts! I am still catching up on sleep. At least this group is not as busy as my last.

Tuanis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes