Today I am going with my group to Cafe Britt, a coffee tour of one of the better known coffee companies here in Costa Rica. A lot of what they produce and sell is gourmet quality...the tour itself is a little too much entertainment if you ask me, but its pretty cool and interactive. The best part is all the free samples in the gift shop (yeah I'm a cheapie.) and the buffet lunch is always a nice part of the tour...This is usually what I pick up for Uncle Dennis as a gift, since he is a coffee lover. It doesn't get much better than Cafe Britt here is Costa Rica!
After last summer I have grown to like coffee, when before it was not a beverage I particularly enjoyed. Now I like having cafe con leche in the morning, no sugar, thank you very much. Mocha still makes my taste buds go crazy though...coffee and chocolate haha! Typical Meggie.
I have found that I still have to master the art of brewing a good cup of coffee. Lora really has it mastered, but I don't know why I seem to make the crappiest coffee ever. Maybe I can get my Mama Tica to give me a tutorial? Its been great waking up to a fresh cup of coffee every morning here.
There are no Starbucks here, by the way. That is something else I will be looking forward too when I get home!
Yesterday it rained cats and dogs. Un aguacero, as we say. I walked over to visit my famlia Tica from last summer, and was soaked by the time I got there. My shoes are still drying! My Mama Tica lent me some shorts and a shirt, since my jeans were totally wet. I feel bad for my Mama Tica who has to wash all my stuff...I really prefer to do my own laundry! It was great to visit though, we talked about last summer and the other chaperones, who is doing what, there were lots of hugs and smiles. Its such a blessing that I have been able to keep in touch with so many amazing people I have met here!
More and more ready to go to the beach...feeling better now too. My throat is still bothering me a little, but only at the end of the day.
Right now its a beautiful day outside...but I know we will have rain by the end of the day. That is Costa Rica, and I love it.
Pura Vida : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment