Its a beautiful day here in San Joaquin de Flores, Heredia, Costa Rica...I woke up to the sun shining through the thin curtain of my bedroom window, and in typical Meggie fashion had another hour of sleep left, so I pulled the covers over my head haha. Some clouds are starting to accumulate, which indicates rain later on. But that is only to be expected!
This week has been a much needed break and huge blessing: my Familia Tica is a single mom and her five-year-old son, who have both been absolutely amazing! My "mama" is only 28, so it feels more like a cousin or sister relationship. Her son is the cutest little guy! We have been playing Guitar Hero the last few nights ( I still can only play on easy), and he greets me with a running hug when I come home.
My group is only 17 students and they are all very easy going, with a wonderful sense of humor and adventure. There is only one girl who has been homesick, but I hope she will start to feel a little better over the weekend; the group is going to the Arenal Volcano with a guide, and I will be staying in Heredia for a free weekend! Right now I might be going to visit the Irazu Volcano with a friend of mine who is a guide, and Jessica ought to be here Sunday. I think we will try to visit our Familia Tica from last summer, who live very close to CPI.
I have started to look for places to live come next month: there is a high probability that I will have a room-mate, and that will cut down on costs. I am starting to think about where I could get another job too, to make a little more. We will see what is available in Monteverde! And sometimes its all about who you know...
The office has been fairly calm too. Right now there is just one other chaperone and I here, and my boss. We have been preparing for the groups that are arriving Sunday and Monday, so I have been doing lots of office work; printing itineraries, organizing folders, and generally being an office rat! Its been a change of pace.
The last few days I have been feeling a little funny: trying to drink more water and eat smaller portions, in an effort to work out whatever is in my system. Sleep also helps...Mom and Dad know better than anyone, that when I do not feel well I nap! Some things never change.
Pura Vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment