If there is one thing I have truly come to miss about the USA, its the ease of getting your clothes washed and dried. I won't go into more detail about how laundry is done, after dedicating an entire entry to the subject. But my goal today was to do at least the basics for the following week. After about 5 full weeks of not doing laundry, I was down to my last two pair of underwear (yes, I have that many clothes! although keep in mind I am wearing more work clothes, and not jeans and tees like usual, so my wardrobe goes a long way). Usually I wash at Grettel's grandma's, since she has two washers. But today she wasn't around, and neither was Grettel. Elliott and I got to hang out for a while today, and when I walked with him down town to take the bus I checked out Chunches Libreria to see if they still had laundry service. While perusing I found a very CUTE wallet (which I didn't buy!) and also that they no longer have a washer, just a drier. The lady I talked with recommended Hotel El Tucan, but there is a creepy guy who works there and I don't want to hang around waiting on my laundry there. Sooooo, in desperation I went down the street to my nieghbor's house and pretty much begged...to do laundry. Yes, I got to do it, yes I have the basics done, and the little bodega at the back of the house is full of my hanging laundry. I MISS HAVING A WASHER AND DRIER!!!!!!!!!
Also today I made tortillas. Elliott was throughly impressed, haha! My cooking skills are slowly improving, though I do not claim to be a master of comida tica. I still prefer baking to anything else. But my tortillas turned out pretty good!
I also made a loan payment online today. Depressing but exhilarating...I am alternately pained by the fact that I have a lot left to repay, and glad that I have at least started on the road to being debt free.
I have started a simple job search too, and hope to have more solidified plans in the new year. 2011 is so close...2010 has been full of so many changes, its gone so quick!
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1986719_1986718,00.html
The travel bug left a bug bite...serious wanderlust going on lately.
I still have time to travel.
Pura Vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment