sad tidings...

So it happened...the sad, the frustrating, the unthinkable...I lost my camera.

The story goes something like this:
Saturday I went to visit Elliott, and took the early bus to Puntarenas. Packing my bag last minute, I stuffed my camera in an inside pocket, thinking that was the safest place, and it wouldn't fall out. On the bus I had a seat all to myself...I opened the same pocket, took out my iPod and listened to music, leaving my backpack open. Upon exiting the bus I closed my bag and continued on my way, waiting at another bus stop with my bag on the ground in front of me for about 10-15 minutes. Getting on the bus I stood with my bag on my back, not sitting down. Later in the afternoon I was getting out some stuff when I noticed my camera was nowhere to be found...

Option 1: It fell out of my backpack on the bus, and I didn't notice.
Option 2: I was robbed on the second bus while standing. (this option didn't even occur to me until I was telling the story to my boss, who suggested the possibility)

Bottom line: I am without a camera. I find this particularly frustrating because in packing my bag Saturday morning, I thought to myself "I really don't need to bring this" but packed it anyway. Also frustrating is the fact that i can't pinpoint the moment where I lost it...I would feel better about myself, and the situation, if I knew when it happened. But I have no idea.
Luckily I only had a few pictures on it. We called the bus driver, but he didn't find anything, and I called Grettel to double check at home but it wasn't there.
On the whole I am relived I lost my camera and not my wallet, which would have been even worse. I have also come to realize that I can definitely survive without a camera, even though its a pain in the butt. This whole situation has taught me to pack light...take what I need...and to heed the advice I often give to students, to be aware of your things at all times.

In other news, I have 14 more days before I head back to the USA. I am already planning my trip down the mountain.
This weekend there is a local festival, Monteverde Brilla! I am looking forward to going out and seeing the town all busy and bright!
The new house is cute, but small. We have a stove, but no gas. I have a mattress, but not enough blankets.
On the whole...I am doing just fine.

Christmas list (though after the plane ticket, I do not expect anything! my gift is being able to go home):

http://www.target.com/Aquarelle-Stripe-Rain-Boots-Carnation/dp/B002VRT196/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&id=Aquarelle%20Stripe%20Rain%20Boots%20Carnation&node=1038576|1287991011&searchView=grid5&searchSize=90&keywords=rain%2Bboots&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&sr=1-47&searchRank=target104545&frombrowse=0&qid=1291164090

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___77741

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=dress_club&product_id=2084244363&Page=1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes