mountains

So here is an update on a Monday, instead of a Thursday! And I have some news.

I am now living alone.
Last Friday I paid my rent by myself, as Grettel is now living with her parents, having had to return for financial and health issues. I cannot fault her for it, as I understand her situation. All the same I wish I had a room-mate, not only for financial reasons but also for the company. Lately I have been watching a lot of movies in the evenings.
I don't have a stove.
The stove in my cabina belonged to Grettel's aunt. Apparently her stove is broken...and last night her brother arrived to take the stove. Its just a s well, since I don't have gas! But I am hoping for an electric stove. Meanwhile I am cooking at school.
I start with groups next week.
No clue yet about where i will be... and this is a big departure from what I was expecting, to be with groups starting in May. It doesn't make sense to be paying for a house if I am not living in it, and so I also want to figure out a new living situation, even if it's leaving all of my things packed up at Elliott's. Another option is leaving them at Muni's, once she is living in her new apartment. She will be living in Monteverde, which would be convenient. Be flexible!
I will not be returning to the USA in May.
My cousin and my brother have important life events coming up next month, but due to my work schedule (being the high season, and having a group) and funds (broke) I will not be able to make it, and I will not be able to afford a trip back to Ohio. I am upset about it... this was something I was really looking forward too, and its really disappointing to have to admit that I cannot go, to myself and to my loved ones.

Ok.
On a lighter note I have been reading a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez(in Spanish! Its been a challenge, sometimes I struggle without a dictionary), and have been bitten by a writing bug. I started a story last night and have ideas for several more. You know how much I like to write...and fiction! Sometimes I am not sure what to share in my blog, as I much prefer writing fiction, haha!

Bueno, I am climbing a few mountains in my life right now. But mine are the least of the world's problems.

Always....Pura Vida!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes