Up and down! All around town!
Yesterday my second group arrived from the Bahamas...Queen's College. We left from the airport with the luggage LOADED on top of the bus, and went to CPI Heredia, where students met their Familia Ticas and headed home for the evening. I was wiped out, after a walking tour with my first Bahamas group, and then greeting a second group. I had a late birthday celebration with my Familia Tica from January...I ate dinner with them and they even had a little cake for me! It was so great! My hermanita Tica went crazy with the digital camera, and figured out how to take video. I felt very loved!
Today my second Bahamas group had testing and orientation, and right now I am trying to get their student IDs done before 5pm. We did some games today and walked around San Joaquin, and they are really great kids! The energy and attitude of the group is really positive and refreshing, these kids are all excited to be here and are asking great questions about the culture and the language! What good luck I had with them. The chaperones are also very positive, upbeat. The next two weeks with them will go quickly, I think. Tomorrow I have a pretty busy day, both groups will be doing dance and cooking class, and then classes in the afternoon. Instead of feeling exhausted I feel invigorated...these are some great kids to be working with. They love the phrase "pura vida," too. They have been shouting it as a greeting to any passer by on the street, to dogs, to buses full of people, to passing cars... I love it!
PURA VIDA!
0 comments:
Post a Comment