in the city...

It feels good to be back in Heredia. The place is like home, its like coming back to my cousin's house after being away for a while! There are many familiar faces, and I can navigate easily the streets and sidewalks.

If I end up staying in Costa Rica long term, I would like to live in a place like San Joaquin or San Ramon. Both are more centrally located and have easy bus access to San Jose. They are big enough that there are plenty of things to do, and plenty of places to shop and bank. The services there are good, and the atmosphere isn't big city but isn't small-town either. It's more of a suburban environment...that would be the good comparison to the USA.
On the whole I really like being in Heredia. It's beautiful!

Today I have been doing all kinds of things. I have folded folders, printed nametags, taken pictures, danced in dance class, printed and re-printed itineraries, called Mama Ticas, and am currently looking for the number of American Airlines in Costa Rica. Just a normal day in the Grupos office.
My group, Spanish Wells, will arrive tonight at 7:10pm and will be getting dropped off at their Familia Tica's house. If all goes well, I will be in bed by 9:30pm. Tomorrow another group arrives, and I will be the chaperona. So in the morning one group...in the afternoon another. Ah, the excitement and the blur. This is the start of the temporada.

Also today my parents are celebrating 25 years of marriage! Congratulations Mom and Dad, and here's to 25 more!! I hope for the same thing in my married life in the future. : )

Pura Vida!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes