twenty-one

21 things about me, inspired by reading Mikel's Facebook.

1. I like my name a lot. I know of very few other Meggies.
2. Cats and dogs are super cute in my opinion, but they also scare me. Never having had a large pet I am unsure of how to play with them and not have a hand gnawed off.
3. Coffee is now an important part of my day. Coffee breaks, a pick-me-up, a social event...all found in a cup of coffee. I always drink my coffee with a little milk and NO sugar.
4. I am constantly amazed at how many different people I know. That is to say, I am aquainted with many different types of people. Its not exactly true to say that I have a lot of friends...more correctly I have many aquiantances in many different areas. I run with a mixed crowd.
5. I worry alot about my figure. And I miss working out at the RecPlex and hitting the pool. No lie, I was a fat kid in 9th grade.
6. Writing is one of my favorite passtimes. I would like to be published someday.
7. I want to learn another language. Sometimes I wish that I had learned Spanish when I was younger, so I could be learning Catalan or French. Why these languages? To be able to communicate better with my family.
8. Travel is my other favorite passtime. It wasn't until recently that I found myself able to enjoy more the journey and the first encounter with a new place...travel is an opportunity to go beyond yourself and to broaden your perspective. I want to travel as much as possible to as many countries as possible.
9. I constantly strive to have a more minimalistic take on life. When I pack a bag, when I look at what I own, I think to myself "do I need this?" and often recognize I do not. Minimalism also translates into a lesser obsession with consumerism. Buy what you need, and buy quality. Thanks Dad for teaching me that!
10. Drinking water helps to keep my skin clear. Lately I have been leaving my waterbottle at home, and it shows. Water is amazing.
11. I am in love with a Tico, and he is AMAZING. I live in Costa Rica and hope to continue living here. This country and its people have a special place in my heart. Dayton is my hometown, but Costa Rica is my country. Come visit me and maybe you will understand. Pura vida pretty much sums up my worldview : )
12. The fastest way to my heart is ice cream. Specifically chocolate, peanut butter, coffee or any combination along those lines.
13. I usually find the hard way to do things. I just never take the easy path, but that is not on purpose. I just somehow manage to wind up doing things the hard way.
14. I love blue, but my colors of choice now are neutrals like black/white/gray/olive. My accessories recently have changed to yellow and purple. Though I still like and look good in blue...especially with a tan.
15. I look amazing with a tan.
16. In September I plan to cut my hair extremely short. For fear of looking too boyish I will wear lots of dangly earrings.
17. I do not miss having a car or buying gas, paying for insurance, or driving. The public bus really works for me.
19. I love to read. Another favorite passtime.
20. I am totally comfortable in hot weather and would enjoy living in a warm place, but I love the seasons of fall and winter. There is something magical about snow, ice, hot chocolate and warm sweaters.
21. Music is constantly going in my background. I love it. I love most types of music. Lately I have been very into reggae. It has such a mellow vibe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes