orange juice in my veins

The last few days I have had some serious drainage going on. When I arrived in Monteverde I got a head cold, which has plagued me since...I have felt fine, but my voice is awful and my nose is constantly running. This week I am determined to kick it with heavy doses of vitamin C and sleep. So I have been drinking liters of orange juice during the day, and turning in early at night, plus taking extra vitamin C pills.

Currently sharing an apartment with Claire, and Jessica is next door. It is nice to be hanging out with just us girls! We also have breakfast and dinner included which is a luxury...since we have no stove in our apartment, just a microwave, microwave oven and fridge. I still maintain that I can make do in any conditions...but it is really nice to have some meals taken care of.

My new group is a really nice bunch...there are some personalities that remind me of the kids from last year, and the professor is very nice. Yesterday we went on a walking tour of Heredia, which I love doing! Heredia is pretty much my other hometown, though my love for Monteverde won't fade anytime soon. I enjoy walking around downtown, chilling in the plazas and people watching.
Speaking of watching, I bought another watch that already needs a battery change. Great! I plan to go this afternoon during my lunch hour.

Later this month Elliott and I will celebrate our 1 year anniversary! Hard to believe time has gone so fast. We are still thinking about what we will do. Tentatively planning a trip to Nicaragua, since I need to make a Visa run. We will see what pans out, balancing our work schedules.

Later this morning Gerry arrives from Miami...looking forward to giving him a big hug! It will be like having the old crew back together. Cannot wait!!!

Pura Vida :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes