at the beach with the sobrinos

This weekend was GREAT!

I slept in Saturday til 8:30am, which is late for me. I spent my time eating breakfast, stretching, watching some tv, showering.
Later in the morning I was bored out of my mind with both Clara and Jess away, and I tried to go see my friend Brittany in Moravia but wasn't able to get ahold of her. So I spent the morning with my Mama Tica, helping with laundry and hanging out eating cajetas...

(Cajetas: made of milk, these are typical candies. To make a simple version, get a can of condensed milk, a stick of butter, powdered milk and crushed peanuts. Boil the condensed milk, mix in the butter. When the butter is totally melted, pur in the powdered milk mixed with the peanuts. Mix everything well, and as it begins to cool pour it into a pan. Let it cool completely and cut into squares...enjoy your cajeta de leche!)

We ran a few errands after eating lunch. I am still looking for a new watch, since I bought a dud one last week (typical me!), hitting the carniceria and going to get my Mama's nails done at the family that I was staying with! My nails got painted on Tuesday, when I just went to hang out. But I like having them done...its a little confidence booster! I got to drive after the nails part...in San Joaquin traffic, in a pick up truck. Quite an exciting ride for me! Then in the afternoon I went to Elliott's, catching the bus around 4:30pm.
On Sunday I spent all day at Elliott's in Esparza, with his sister, 3 nieces, and son. WE hung out around the house and played, ate lunch, got ice cream, and then went to the beach in Caldera.
It's funny too, these kids don't go to the beach very much, so it was really special for them. I spent most of the time with Janieri(6) and Sherlyn(10), in the water letting the waves wash over. Gladys (13) and Kendall(11) were both ok in the water by themselves. They all live in San Jorge de Upala, Elliott's hometown, and do not get to go to the beach often, since it's really pretty far away. They loved every minute, playing in the sand and splashing around. I remember how much fun I had going to the beach as a kid, and watching Janieri's face every time we hit a wave was priceless. Elliott couldn't stop smiling, saying I looked like quite the nanny with 4 kids playing with me in the water! It was a fun family day : ) I am very comfortable with his sister and sobrinos (nieces and nephews). It started to rain around 4:30pm, so we headed back to Esparza and made dinner. Priceless...!

This week I am pretty busy with 2 groups, one of them a group of minor students doing a soccer program...Peter would have fun with them I think...
Tonight I plan to go to Nidia's for dinner, tomorrow I have plans with Lucy to get churros, and on Thursday I think I will be eating with Elvia and Alexis! According to my friends in the office, I am a regular Laura Chinchilla (who happens to be the president of Costa Rica, with a very full social calender I imagine...). Hey, I have to keep up with everyone somehow! I only have until September....

Pura vida.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes