What a whirlwind 24 hours.
I am currently in La Condesa in San Rafael de Heredia with a West Coast group. One of my compaƱeras had an emergency and had to leave for the USA today...so this weekend I took over her group, until another guide can step in. I already have 2 groups this week, and start on my own West Coast tour next Thursday.
Looking over my shoulder at Friday, I had everything ready to go for a trip to Upala, where my suegra lives. Elliott has been there for a few days, and the idea was to visit him and his mom and celebrate our one year anniversary by going to Rio Celeste. I had planned to leave work early to catch the bus, had my bags packed, had called to double check the bus schedule and had even reserved a taxi to take me to the station on time. Then...I had to go take care of this group. Elliott told me today was a perfect day too, after raining a lot it was clear and would have been perfect for hiking to Rio Celeste. I was really looking forward to going, since I will not have any free weekends with West Coast. I will be with that group until the tour ends in August, 21 full days. Hopefully this next week we can make time to do something in Heredia, before my life is eaten by West Coast.
It has been an interesting 24 hours, getting a taste of West Coast culture after working with a group two years ago. Really its a good refresher before I go pick up my own group. The kids are just as fussy, picky and wacky as I remember. The chaperones seem a lot cooler though! Pim and Jesus are also here, so we hung out yesterday evening and I am waiting for them to be done so we can chill again tonight. Thank goodness for good company up here in the middle of nowhere. I am kicking myself for not bringing my swim suit...so I can enjoy the hot tub! Here in San Rafael it is FREEZING! and I only brought clothes for two days.
Hotel subculture is interesting too...you know who to ask for what in reception, the doorman is your best friend, you know to avoid certain guests or floors that are noisy, you always see the same two stressed out people in reception. Interesting. I could people watch here all day...and La Condesa is so big, you can wander and wander. It's beautiful too, there is a great view of San Jose from the mountainside. Really this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in! It is considered five star in Costa Rica...
Ok, Jesus just called so its time to go chill with my homies...hasta pronto.
Pura Vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment