chills

The last few days it has really felt like winter here...there has been rain every afternoon and it has been chilly, so I am always taking my sweatshirt with me. (you know how I always feel cold!) My soccer group was shocked to hear that we are in winter right now. But rain and chilly afternoons and evenings are typical winter weather. I won't be missing the rain in Monteverde come October. Winter up on the mountain is not for the faint of heart!!

Monday was a good day, although very busy. I have two groups right now, and Monday I was doing orientation for my new group, all minors and all soccer fans. Luckily I don't think they will be a tough crowd, they are all sweet kids.

I have been getting a good dose of soccer this week too, what with my soccer group and watching the Costa Rica v. Argentina game on Monday. I went to my Familia Tica here in Heredia to eat dinner and watch the game...and couldn't stop laughing! My hermano Jason get very excited about soccer, and is very vocal..."Zorras! Perras! Hoy van a perder los Argentinos! Que se quebran los pies!" It doesn't warrant translation, but it's all a little mean and dirty, trust me : ) Jessica and I were both there for dinner and dessert...tres leches!! I haven't had any that good since my birthday in April!! YUM! No one makes it like Nidia. We headed home before the game ended, as we were both dead tired. I slept well and had weird dreams about West Coast all night.

Yesterday I didn't got to the mall after all, Lucy had to cancel. So I hung out all evening with Clara in the apartment watching Criminal Minds and eating pizza. Love having a room-mate!! It reminded me of my days at 305.
Clara told me too that having a room-mate this summer has been a different experience for her. In France she had her own bed and bathroom, and did not have to share. The kitchen was the only shared space! I think I have been very lucky in room-mates, on the whole. Especially here in Costa Rica, considering that I do not have a choice of who I am with! I love being close to Clara and Jess especially, and getting to know Ciera was awesome! Nanou is the only one I have not had to share with of all the chaperonas. Muni might as well be family! My amigas are all pretty fabulous.

Today Julian is leaving to go back to the USA. How has summer passed so quickly already, that some of us are leaving? It seems impossible and wrong. La jefa commented today that it will be even tougher for me to leave, after being here for so long. I agree, I am not sure how I will handle it. Already thinking about how and when I can come back!! Because this is where I belong...

Pura Vida...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes