breathing room and tortillas

This week the Groups office is much less crowded...last Friday there were 6 of us in here, plus Arelys and La Jefa (though the jefa was next door). There was hardly air to breathe, but we had a great time bonding and I am really excited for the team we have this year.

Things have been going very smoothly with my group, thank goodness. They had a blast at Manuel Antonio this last weekend, and I took some time to visit with Elliott and sleep in. I spent Saturday in Esparza, making tortillas (which I do very well now!) and watching Elliott do laundry and get a haircut. We made a yummy dinner in the evening and watched tv. RELAX!
Next week and the next we will be in Monteverde...home sweet home.

I have been looking at jobs online again, so if you happen to hear of any openings with an emphasis on Spanish or customer service let me know!

Lately I have been drinking a LOT more water, and you can see the difference...my skin is much clearer. I need to work harder on staying hydrated. That is one thing I always emphasize to my students but never seem to do myself...

Still feeling very depressed by the idea of going back to Dayton. I am looking forward to seeing my family but I feel like I will be leaving my REAL life behind. I belong here. I am so torn! Half of me wants to try and get a refund, the other half is saying "damn girl go get your loans paid up so you can really live!"
My heart will stay here, that is for sure. Between Elliott and my understanding of PURA VIDA, I am changed forever. My tattoo could not be more appropriate... soy la pura vida chica, verdad?

Tuanis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes