It is not unusual for seasonal changes to affect our well-being.
Spring and summer can be tough for those suffering from allergies and hayfever, when fall begins some folks tend to get colds and sniffles. There is always some sort of flu or virus that goes around in winter, and people always try to avoid it by getting flu-shots. My Mom being a fan of natural remedies always encourages my sibs and I to take Vitamin C and echinacea, to help boost our immune system.
Its the same in Costa Rica!
When the season changes from summer to winter (summer is December through May, winter is June through November) many people get sick! There is often a virus, or just a bodily reaction to the change. Flu-like symptoms, sore throats and colds are all common.
This time of year is also when students come to visit us...and sometimes get sick with the whole between the seasons change, or have allergies, or with the high carb diet get upset stomachs. My last group, we all had some sort of stomach bug...even me. Today a couple of my students came to me in the morning not feeling their best, and I hope that this afternoon they start feeling better! This weekend is their tour to the Arenal Volcano, no time to be feeling poorly.
I admit that I have been a little under the weather the last few days, with a tickle in my throat and an afternoon headache in addition to just feeling agotada...tired.
It is sick season. So I am going to work on staying hydrated and taking Vitamin C.
Sleep is essential! Last night I went to bed around 8:40pm and it felt great.
Pura Vida...
0 comments:
Post a Comment