technology proves that it is a small world, afterall...

The internet is an amazing tool.
It allows me to post this blog to the world and share my experiences, pictures, ideas, observations.
I can also use Skype to call home and not spend minutes calling all the time.

Yesterday using the internet I connected my parents (in Dayton, Ohio, USA) and my boyfriend (in Jaco, Puntarenas, COSTA RICA) for the first time.
Elliott has only recently begun to use Skype, and is a very quick learner haha! We have been able to video chat in the evenings, as he has been on tour lately and has had internet access at hotels. My Mom and I usually have a Skype date at least once a week. Last night they were both on at the same time, and I hosted a three-way call. My mom and Elliott have spoken once before, when I called him in December from the USA. We talked for a while in Spanish...later we spoke with my Dad in English! For me it was really special that I was able to connect them, these people that I care about that are separated by incredible distances shrunken to the size of my computer screen thanks to modern technology. HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!

What a small world : )

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes