What a beautiful Friday here in Monteverde...the sun is bright and I have Coldplay playing quietly in the background here in the groups office. This afternoon I am leaving to go back to heredia in the Central Valley (CV) to pick up my second to last group from the airport. They are arriving today, tomorrow and Sunday on different flights, so I can be found at the airport this weekend, if anyone is trying to find me.
This week has been really nice; sharing #8 with Diana, another chaperona from Spain. We have gotten to know each other over the summer and her time here is almost up. Monday she leaves to go back to Spain. We will stay with the same host family this weekend, so it will be her "despedida" or goodbye. We have been watching movies and walking to the bakery together, and talking about plans for the next year and next summer. She hopes to return to work with Grupos.
My job situation has changed too: I will be working as the student coordinator here in Monteverde when I finish with groups. I will be getting the same pay, but i will be working in another office and dealing with the individual students who study at the school. This includes letting them know about activities available, arranging transportation and making reservations in addition to being friendly and helpful. The only preocupation I have is jumping into the job: I will have next to no training when I start, but most of the things I have to learn will be hands-on. Also I have NO office appropriate clothes, since I cam prepared to work in Grupos. All I need is some black pants I think... This would be my cross-training at CPI. Once January rolls around I will be back in Grupos, prepping for the high season.
House-hunting has been promising...I went with my future room-mate to look around and see what is available, make some phone calls and ask friends. We found a very nice cabina that is VERY affordable and VERY close to CPI...we are waiting to hear back on availability. I am hoping to be moved in by the end of the month! We have several other numbers to call and a couple other leads on houses. We will see what turns up!
Yesterday I gave in and opened a bank account here in Costa Rica at the Banco Nacional, the bank that CPI uses for all their business transactions. Opening the account was a little tricky...I went to the bank in person in Monteverde, and was asked for my visa...oops! Two of my co-workers have opened accounts here without a visa, so I was a little taken aback. I ended up opening the account via e-mail, through the accountant/financial advisor in Heredia. Now I am just waiting for my debit card to be ready. Lovely.
Looking forward to being in familiar Heredia...not looking forward to the empty Grupos office. I miss all the chaps!! But its been a beautiful summer.
Pura Vida
(fotos: me in the office, sunset in Monteverde, Diana y yo with raincoats!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment