blessed

Today was a day of service in La Carpio with my group. They worked at the clinic, delivered bunk beds, and distributed vitamins and toys in one of the poorest neighborhoods next to the river. It is always very humbling to go and visit these places, to see people's homes and to see their need. It is a reminder of how much I am blessed in my life, and how I really do not want for anything. My needs are not nearly as profound as the needs of others.

Tomorrow the group is going on a canopy tour, and I am going. Hopefully we have good weather: we are going fairly early in the morning so I think we will be ok. This week has been a total blur...of course the last moments are always the fastest.
On Sunday I make my way back up the mountain and hopefully do some house cleaning before moving in with my room-mate sometime next week. I also start my new job in the Monteverde office...better put my game face on.

Hopefully Saturday I will find what I need for the house shopping in Heredia...it just occurred to me I might need several blankets because I am always cold. One more thing to add to the list!

I think I am officially going on a diet here. The rice is catching up with my girlish figure, oh dear. There has been no lack of food this summer, that much is for sure.

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes