*Diana and Nidia with the tortilla*
This morning my good friend from Spain left to go home at 5am...now I feel very alone here, being one of the only chaperonas. Muni is still with another group!
Last night the final airport pick-up went well...right away we found the last three people to arrive, and we dropped off at apartments and homestays with no problems. I was home by 9:30, and stayed up til almost 11pm talking with Diana and my host family, all about food to culture to vocabulary. Its been great getting to know Diana in these last few weeks...we have been room-mates for almost two weeks. This morning she left to go back to Spain, and I already miss her humor and comments: she always made the day interesting and fun. She went out with a bang though! Last night she and Nidia (my Mama Tica) spent time together in the kitchen to make a tortilla Espanola, Spanish tortilla (which is like an omelette, with potatoes and onion). It was a huge production, and very fun to watch...I documented the whole thing, haha! We sat and ate with the family later, and when I got home from the airport everyone was still seated and chatting. Once again the pace of life stands out here, a huge contrast to life on the go in the USA...
I also found out yesterday that the house I was hoping to rent in Monteverde IS available! This house was ideal, with furniture and fridge included. Looking to move in during the last week of August, with my room-mate. Incredibly grateful that this house worked out!! I jumped up and down when I found out, haha.
Pura Vida!
0 comments:
Post a Comment