sleepyhead

Not sure why but I am still feeling wiped out after going to bed early last night. It might be the walking, it might be the fruits and veggies, it might be staying out too late with friends: whatever it is, I definitely need to get more sleep. I think this weekend I will have the apartment to myself, so my pan to sleep will be possible.

This week I have not had a lot to do...more than anything it has been organizing documents and prepping binders for this upcoming insane period of West Coast groups, which start soon now in June. I know that I have a 28 day tour with a West Coast group! This is when it gets crazy, travelling constantly. Its both the best and the worst, the most challenging time in groups.
I have been helping with a Texas A&M University group visiting this week. My boss, Jonle, is officially the chaperone and I have been assisting her as needed with details. Today for instance I had to make sure their classroom was set up and collect lunch money for this afternoon.

While it has been a beautiful week, it looks like its bound to rain this afternoon. Luckily I have begun the habit of taking a raincoat with me every day, despite sun in the morning. Rain is a normal daily occurrence here. Super glad I sprung for TWO raincoats instead of one!

Yesterday I went to the Super Compro to pick up more breakfast food...its the meal I NEED to eat every day! Sonia has gotten me into "borrachos," pastries that resemble red donuts with jelly in between them. I also got more Corn Flakes and milk...Sonia and I opened a box of Muni's cereal and I had forgotten how much I like cereal.
Its funny too how many people you see in the Super Compro: I saw the bartender from Amigos, the guide from San Luis's Coffee Co-op, and a guy who told me he was coming to Costa Rica for 3 weeks who worked in the office next to Catering back home. I want to say that it is a truly small world, but I know too that its Monteverde: a small town.

Pura Vida : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes