Today marks day 28 being away from home. It is also a Friday one of the craziest days in the office here at Grupos. Tomorrow we have (I think) 4 groups arriving. I can be found at Juansantamaria Intl Airport tomorrow evening at 11:55pm, waiting for my group to exit and climb onto a bus. 31 students, 2 chaperones, a chofer, and me. So the adventure begins! And this will be MY group: I feel like I will be back in my element.
We also have several chaperones who are just jumping in: also picking up their first group and heading out. I feel fortunate that I get to spend the next week here in Monteverde, which is feeling more and more like my hometown. I only have to pack for one night away and then I am back in #8 with Muni and Jessica. The following week however I will be out and about with my group at another school.
Tonight I plan to hit Bar Amigos for the last time with my group of Texas A&M kids, where there will be live salsa music. I have mentioned before and I'll say it again: I LOVE DANCING SALSA! Tomorrow morning I will be up early to go with my group to San Luis waterfall, before leaving to go to Heredia in the afternoon.
Today I got to speak with Lora Amora on Skype for a little while! I have been very bad about keeping in touch with a lot of people, but the hours I keep do not lend themselves to video chat: I am at work!! And on weekends I do not always have internet, or I am in transit like this weekend.
In the next hour I will be documenting my group's cooking class. We are making chimichangas and my stomach is growling...
Hasta pronto!
0 comments:
Post a Comment