Salt and sun...that pretty much describes where I am right now! Just got back from ocean Kayaking with the group, and I am salty and tired, with sand in my swim suit and the sunburn on my legs beginning to blister. Ouch.
This morning was pretty hectic. I got a phone call from a student who had a bug bite right over here eye that had swollen and she did not come on the activity: I called her prof to let him know we had another student who wanted to go to the doctor, and he opted out of the activity and took her. (I feel guilty but lucky I haven't had to go to the clinic at all yet. But I better bite my tongue, I know I will go with West Coast!)The group arrives on time to our pick-up point for kayaking...but the kayaks and crew arrive almost an hour LATE due to the tide and the waves, which prevented them from leaving another beach on time. So we left an hour late. You know how I need to be on time...I was calling frantically every three minutes, but only got an answering machine.
I really like the sea. Its a beautiful feeling being on the water and having the roar around you! I love the blue, and the sky and the coolness of the water. Well...there is one thing about the sea I could do without...the sand! It gets everywhere and is so hard to wash out of your hair. This is part of why I may LIKE the sea, but I LOVE lakes (Trout Lake!).
My tan is getting deeper. Ali if you could see me now...By the end of my time here I will definitely look more Tica!
Later tonight I am going out to dinner with the cahperone of my group and his wife. They asked if I had any suggestions for restaurants, but I can't think of anything appropriate! Most of the places I know here are places I have gone to get a quick meal with a large group of students...not really places to go and eat out! I want to go somewhere a little nicer, but not break the bank. I also want to hang out with Jessica tonight, so I want to find a place in Potrero so I won't have to cab all the way from Brasilito! I just have to brainstorm...there are so many places around here I have yet to go to. In any case, I am looking forward to a good dinner!
Pictures to come.
Pura Vida
0 comments:
Post a Comment